Load Printing Money
Single A4 black = R0.70
Duplex A4 black = R1.17
Single A4 colour = R3.26
Duplex A4 colour = R5.75
Single A3 black = R1.54
Duplex A3 black = R2.41
Single A3 colour = R6.04
Duplex A3 colour = R11.66
Printing in FIRGA
FIRGA currently uses the Secure Print system. Printing Money must be available to use this system. No Printing Money are given to you. The User Admin page is used to load the Printing Money.
Send your print job to the Default Printer (STB_PRINT_Q01 on stbsc04.stb.sun.ac.za). To retrieve your printing go to ANY Safecom Enabled device on campus (look out for the SafeCom stickers) and touch your student card at the device. This will AUTOMATICALLY start the printing process of all your documents.
Please Note that by default all printing will be in Greyscale and in Duplex mode. You need to change the Advanced Printing Properties to utilize any of the other features.
If you want to manage your print jobs before having them printed (for example delete jobs you have submitted) visit http://stbprint.stb.sun.ac.za/safecom
Manage Your Printing Money
Log on to the User Admin Page and view these options:
- View Printing Balances
- View Printing Cashier Transactions
- View Printing Student Account Transactions
- Load Printing Money from Student Account
- Load Printing Quota from Cost Centre
How to Load Your Printing Money
To load printer money, please follow these steps:
- Step1: Log on to the User Administration page
- Step2: Click on ‘Load Printing Money from student Account’
- Step3: Click on Load’ and the ‘Successful message’ will appear
Click on ‘View Printer Credits Balances’ to check your Balance.
- Check if you have Printing Money.
- Load your printing quota via the User Administration page.
- If you have printing money, check if they are in the queue, ready for printing. http://stbprint.stb.sun.ac.za/safecom
- Before printing a document, you must check if the correct printer is selected.
- If the Printer has any errors, notify the Firga Assistants.